This policy applies to information we collect on www.wristbone.co and all of its sub-domains.
1. Application of Data
The types of personal data we collect from you include:
- Your name; mailing address(es); telephone number(s); email address(es); date of birth; gender; nationality; marketing preferences; answers you provide to security questions (e.g. mother's maiden name, pet's name); payment information and transaction details; aggregated site statistics data; any other information you choose to provide to us, or that we may collect about you through your interactions with our website.
Your personal data is collected when you:
- Visit our website with a cookies-enabled browser [or (if applicable) register a user account with our website];
- Request services from us such as subscribing to our newsletter or mailing lists for post or phone updates;
- Fill in any forms on our website;
- Submit any comment, question or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way; and
- Make purchases of goods or services through our website.
Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your access to our website [or (if applicable) the creation of your user account with our website];
- To evaluate your website preferences and for the maintenance of the website;
- To evaluate and manage your online job application (if applicable);
- To send you updates via email, post or telephone where appropriate;
- To answer your queries, respond to your comments and feedback, or provide you with assistance in any other way:
- To facilitate online purchases of goods and services; and Our related entities, including subsidiaries;
- Third-party service providers (such as subcontractors, agents or network operators) who are employed to perform business and administrative functions; Third party businesses with whom we collaborate;
- Government bodies; and
- Your personal data may be transferred out of Hong Kong from time to time. Such transfers will be carried out in accordance with the PDPO. Third parties, with the exception of Government bodies and other public agencies, are subject to data protection obligations and may only use your personal data to perform the necessary functions
- To identify the causes of problems arising at web servers and to resolve these problems; To improve the contents of the website;
- To customize the content of the website and our emails to suit your individual interests or purposes and selectively display best-matched pages to you;
- To utilize your browsing history on the website for demographic research; and
We may also disclose or transfer personal data as otherwise permitted or required by law, including for compliance with regulations on anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism.
Wristbone has a strict policy against sharing or selling your personal information (such as your e-mail address or mailing address), except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or to protect the rights, safety or property of Wristbone, our users, or others.
2. How do we use Shopify?
Our online store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
3. Website Cookies
4. Links To Third Party Websites
5. Opting-Out / Withdrawal Of Consent / Retention Of Data
If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletter, detailed instructions are provided at the bottom of all emails sent out. If you would like to unsubscribe from any of our other mailing lists, or to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws. Your personal data may also continue to be retained on our databases to the extent permitted by law.
6. Accessing And Correcting Your Personal Data
You may review and correct your personal data by signing into your user account and selecting 'Update Profile' or equivalent, or by contacting by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only disclose personal data to the individual who registered his/her personal data with our website, and only after confirming the identity of the registered party.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information and process it securely. Such measures include, but are not limited to passwords, firewalls, and other standardized industry practices. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer for unauthorized access or loss of any data provided to our website. Nevertheless, we strive to protect the security of your information, and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures. We may, but are not obliged to, post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs, or send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances.
If you have any other questions or more information on our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com.
Updated: 1 November 2019